- by Kurt De Haan
These character qualities are important for believers to look for ( and develop themselves) when thinking about marriage.
- Willingness to serve (humility) The person you marry should know hoe to live in harmony with others, be willing to associate with people of low position, not be conceited (Jn. 13: 1-7; Rom: 12:16). Each should be willing to serve the other.
- Sexual purity Sex was designed for marriage. You should be saving yourself for someone who has been saving himself or herself for you (Rom. 13:13-14; Heb. 13:4) But what if you or the person you are interested in was sexually active in the past? Have you forfeited the privilege of a happy marriage? No. You will have to deal with the emotional scars of those previous sexual activities, but by God’s grace and mercy any person can be completely forgiven and purified by Christ (2 Sam. 12:13; 1 Jn 1:9)
- Devotion to Christ You should settle for no less than a believer who is spiritually sensitive to the Lord and desires to live for Christ ( 2 Cor. 6: 14-18)
- Right priorities The one you choose to commit your life ta as a husband and wife should not be committed to money, pleasure, or popularity. (eccl. 2:1-11; 5:8-17; 6:1-12; Mt. 6:33)
- Right beliefs (1 Jn. 4:1-6)
- Commitment to church (Eph. 4:1-16)
- Loving attitude (Jn. 13:35; 1 Jn 3:11-20)
- Self-control (Prov. 23:20-20; Gal. 5:22-23)
- Honesty (Prov. 24:26)
- Beauty that is more than skin-deep (1 Sam. 16:7; Prov. 11:22; 1 Pet. 3:2-5)
- Responsibility. Don’t marry a selfish, lazy person who lacks the desire to fulfill his or her responsibilities. Rebekah and her father could tell Eliezer’s gifts and his description of Isaac that he would be able to take care of her needs. (Gen. 24:22,35,53; 1 Tim. 5:8)
- Good relationship with parents. how a person relates to his parents will tell you a lot about his character. God places great value on giving respect and honor to parents. (Eph. 6:1-3)
Don’t worry about how everything will be possible. I will give you just what you need every single day, if you remember to trust me. I have your best life planned. You don’t have to worry about a thing. Just love me. Love who I made you to be. Love everyone else. Love the people who are hardest to love. Don’t draw any lines. Lines create boundaries. And my love has no bounds.
"Lord, You don’t want a card or flowers or candy from me today. But You long for me to give my heart to You. Here I am, Father. I Love You. Take my heart and help me be clean and faithful to you."
"In your circumstances of dark some fear, step out into the unseen realm of faith. you’ll find that God can give true peace even when the storms of life knock out the power, giving room for the denizens of the dark to rampage."
God wants to hear you sing
When the waves are crashing ’round you
When the fiery darts surround you
When despair is all you see
God wants to hear your voice
When the wisest man has spoken
And says, “Your circumstance is as hopeless as can be”
That’s when God wants to hear you sing
Galatians 6:9-10 says; (KJV)
(9) And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we sahll reap, if we faint not.
(10) As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
- Offer your life in the service of the Lord with the RIGHT MOTIVE
Labors that are not in vain:
- When we obey GOD
- When we pray. (fervently)
- When we give to GOD sacrificially
- When we share GOD’s Word
- When we response to the call of GOD
- When we impart GOD’s blessing to others
- GOD can solve all our problems.
- GOD can use the church to turn the country (world) upside down.
- GOD can sustain us to enable to support the church (your church).
- GOD can do mighty works in our midst.
ok Lord, keep my mind focused in Your will.
i’m waiting :)
Use your talents it might be small in the eyes of other people but hey it’s a great use in God’s work.,